Monday, June 23, 2008

Southland Tour

Hi students and teachers,

I haven't been to Southland for many years and I'm really looking forward to visiting schools in your part of New Zealand. I live in Howick on the outskirts of Auckland, but like country areas as I grew up in a small town called Waipu in North Auckland. Quite a few of the stories I've written have an historical background. I wonder if that's partly because the early settlers to both Howick and Waipu have made them places of historical interest.
I'm looking forward to telling you about becoming a writer, the way I go about producing a story, working with an illustrator, (or doing the illustrations yourself), suggestions for your writing, etc. I also hope to see what writing projects you have done and learn about your school and and the local area.
Your questions are welcome - I'll do my best to answer them.
One question for you from me - what is one very good way to increase your chances of becoming a writer?

See you soon,

Jennifer Beck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.