Sunday, August 24, 2008

Melanie's Pukekohe visit.

Kia Ora everybody,
I have just come down to earth after my great week in and around Pukekohe. What a beautiful area, even if it did rain on you nearly every day at exactly three o'clock. It was good to meet so many people and hear what you had to say about your writing, and my books. Thank you to all the schools for making me feel welcome, and all of you tamariki for asking such thoughtful questions.
I wonder if any of you work-shoppers went home and planned a story?
Can you remember how I grow my tiny ideas into stories? Well I certainly hope those big porky pies you will be telling from now on will make your stories interesting, and not get you into too much trouble. Hmmm, and if they do- well who knows there could just be another story there!
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Arohanui
Melanie Drewery

2 comments:

Class 7 said...

Hi Melanie,
How are you? I have been writing a story at home because that is what it takes to be a writer. When you came to View Road School it was cool because I learned heaps about you and it is cool to know heaps about a famous writer.
Bye for now
Claire

New Zealand Book Council said...

Hi Claire,
I am good, thanks for asking. It's great to hear that you are writing stories at home. You are right about needing to practice in your own time to become a good writer.
Bye now
Melanie.